Diabetic and eyes got damaged called as RETNOPATHY. Underwent laser treatment, but not fruitful. Suggest?

Diabetologist
Question
My father is sufferring from Diabities and due to this his eyes got damaged.
Currently Diabities is under control but EYES got damaged badly.As per my knowledge disease called as RETNOPATHY.
Under went laser treatment twice but not fruitful.
Request you to please advie or let me know the soultion for the same or suggest good doctor for the treatment.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. L K Shankdhar 3 hours later
Dear Friend
Thanks for using forum of WWW.WWWW.WW

I feel useful tips are as follows:-
- Most important factor which governs Retinopathy is glucose control. Rosy part of the story is that sustained glucose control even reverses Retinopathy.
- Control of BP is and lipids is also important.
- Tobacco use in any form, if being done, needs to be stopped totally.

Kindly remain under the care of an Ophthalmologist continuously.

With best wishes
Dr. LK Shankhdhar

Follow-up: Diabetic and eyes got damaged called as RETNOPATHY. Underwent laser treatment, but not fruitful. Suggest? 14 hours later
Thank You Sir
Is there any tratement avaialble like eye operation and all.

Since my father eye's vison is almost lost totally...any doctor or hospital where treatment can be avail.

Regards XXXXXXX

Dear Friend

I feel, as far as eye treatment is concerned, Ophthalmologists should guide you for further treatment.

With best wishes
Dr. LK Shankhdhar