Diabetic. Sugar level 199-365. What can I do?

I have type 2 diabetes and for the last 3 days my blood sugar has been all over the place ranging from 199 to 365. i have been taking my medication on time, and watching my diet, but nothing is helping to lower my sugar level. what can I do?
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query

As you have said that you are a patient of type 2 diabetes , with poor controlled sugar in last 3 days , taking regular medicines , watching your diet , still blood sugar is high

Based on the description of your symptoms following may be the plausible cause:

1. Any on-going infection in diabetics can cause poor sugar control even with medicines like sore throat , pneumonia and so on or an emotional stress can cause derranged blood sugar.

2. Having an age of 35 years , places you in the hard diabetes , meaning your blood sugar control becomes less effective with treatment , as hard diabetics need insulin as well

3.Weight gain can cause resistant to the oral hypoglycemic drugs

I would suggest you to visit your doctor , and discuss this so that he can increase your medicine or do the tests like HBA1C , Blood complete picture to rule out infection .

I hope this explains your query

Feel free to ask any further questions for clarifications