Diabetic. Having pain in shoulder. Relief after doing exercise. Looking for the solution

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello doctor,
This inquiry is for my Mother(age: 55), Diabetic(under medication), Place of Residence : Jamshedpur, Jharkhand India.

She has been having continuous pain in her right shoulder since XXXXXXX 2012.

Initially we consulted dr. XXXXXXX Todi, Ortho(Consultant). Following Medication was prescribed:
Altraday Capsules,
DF2 -6 Capsules,
Above showed no positive effect.
Later, a Physiotherapist, Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX TMH, Jamshedpur, was consulted for 3 week of Therapy via IFT(If i an not wrong about the machine name), and set of exercises (9 different movements, each initially 10 times, gradually to increase till 25 times per movements) were taught. This happened in May 15 to XXXXXXX 4 2012.

After that my mother have been continuously doing the said exercise till date, But she finds only 30% relief till now.

Please recommend a solution. The hand pains a the most when moved towards back. If The solution is not possible to be done online then please suggest an appropriate doctor /medication facility to consult to, in Jamshedpur city.
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
From the symptoms that you have described, it seems to be Rotator cuff tendonitis or shoulder impingement syndrome which causes irritation and inflammation of the rotator cuff and the bursa when doing overhead activity and hence pain. It is commonly seen in diabetics.
The MRI scan of the shoulder will help in detecting the extent of damage. The main treatment involves pain killers and muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside in appropriate combination. You can get these prescribed from her orthopedician.
Physiotherapy is the mainstay of the treatment. She needs to continue with the exercises.
In case the symptoms are persistent then local steroid injections may be considered for relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Diabetic. Having pain in shoulder. Relief after doing exercise. Looking for the solution 7 hours later

Extremely grateful I am for your elaborate reply. Also to Health Care Magic for their Service.
Firstly and luckily she Never had inflammation(externally at least). Also there has never been any increase in pain due to any overhead activity.
extent of pain remains the same whole day and continues even during night.

Sir, I am elaborating the current medication specifications below, Please Prescribe the medicines as mentioned you mention in your answer:

Metformin hydrochloride and glimepiride tablets(Glycomet GP 1)- 1 tab Before Breakfast
Metformin hydrochloride (Glycomet 500 S.R) - 1 tab Before dinner.

Blood Pressure: (Extremely sorry I am not to mention in the first place):
Telmisartan and Amlodipine besilate Tablets(Telpres- AM) - 1 tab After Breakfast.
BP Reading : 130 / 90

Psychiatry :
Nitrazepam Tablets I.P (Nira - 10)
Thioridazine Hydrochloride , Trifluoperazine Hydrochloride & Trihexyphenidyl Tablets(Thiozyl-Plus)

Allergic:sulpha group of drugs.
The Patient is Overweight(Height 4'10", Weight 70 kgs)

I hope the Information is appropriate and helpful. If Prescribing needs any other payment/package of HCMagic. Please do lemme know.

The orthopedic doc We referred earlier did not make any attempt to understand the situation and is always reluctant. As of My knowledge I do not Know any Specialist in Jamshedpur.

If prescription is not possible then please do Suggest a Specialist nearby.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Since I haven’t physically examined your mother, it is inappropriate and unethical to
prescribe her scheduled drugs online. I am bound by the rules of law to not to give any online prescriptions. Hence you will have to see the orthopedician for the medicines that you require.
To find a good Orthopedician nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at
I do not have any personal references of an orthopedician in Jamshedpur.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.