Diabetic. Having knee pain and burning sensation all over body. Suggest effective medicine

Jun 2015

hi my grandfather has knee pain to much he is 76yrs old and one more thing is that his body has burning sensation he is a diabetic person so would you give me some solution he tried many medicine and other thing it did not worked
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 59 minutes later

The presence of symptoms like burning sensation in the body can be due to:
1. Diabetes (Diabetic Neuropathy)- seen in individuals with prolonged diabetes & also when the blood sugar level is not properly controlled.
2. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Iron, Calcium, etc. which also interferes with blood formation & nerve conduction
3. Peripheral neuropathy
4. Thyroid dysfunction
5. Prolonged intake of certain drugs

The knee pain in your grandfather can also be attributed to his diabetic status. Diabetes may result in knee pain by causing nerve damage (neuropathy)

Investigations like X XXXXXXX of the knee joint, complete blood count, estimation of blood sugar levels & Thyroid profile will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

So, it will be better to consult the General Physician & get a proper physical examination done to find out the exact cause.
Based on that, appropriate management steps could be taken.

There is no need to worry, your grandfather will be fine.

Wishing him a good health.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.