Diabetic. Fell down and broke hip. Hands are sticky after surgery. Any suggestion and cure?

Doctor I have a sister she is a diabetic. She had a fall broke her right hip. She had surgery for some reason it has cause her hands too be sticky she has gone with a dermatogists but no answer can you advise please? My email is YYYY@YYYY . My name is XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Do you mean increased sweating or increased toughness in the skin when you mention "Sticky".

I would like to know some more details about the problem , also an image if possible.This makes me understand the condition better and advice you specifically.

Waiting for the information,
Follow-up: Diabetic. Fell down and broke hip. Hands are sticky after surgery. Any suggestion and cure? 41 minutes later
No is not sweating. When she goes to wash or wet her hands they become sticky. She is ashame to shake anyone's hand. Please Dr. we need to know what is causing this problem. Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 22 hours later

Thanks for the information.

The problem your mother is facing could be due to loose integrity in the skin of the hands.There may be oozing of secretions from the skin which on wetting becomes sticky.

This can happen when there is deficiency of Vitamins specially Vit A and Vit K.

I suggest her to consume Multivitamin supplements on daily basis, this would maintain the skin health and avoid such discomfort.

I do not suspect it to be any serious infection or illness causing long term problems.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.