Diabetic. Feel nervous when there is much gap during meals or if don't pass stool. Suggest?

Hi, I am a diabetic. My sugar level fasting 150 and after two hours of food around 140. I am on medication. However, when ever there is a gap of more then 5 hours during meals, I feel very nervous. Also in the morning if I don't pass my stool I feel nervous. What could be the reason?
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 51 minutes later

You're a Type II diabetic and on medication.

Your fasting blood sugar is on the higher side.
It is better that you maintain it below 110 mg/dl.
Postprandial blood sugar is maintained well.

A diabetic on medications is always prone to develop hypoglycemia(low blood sugar) when is does not take his food accordingly.

So this is the reason for your nervousness.

You may be advised to take frequent small meals to overcome this problem.

Altered bowel movement caused stress and in the morning after long hours of fasting state in the night caused nervousness.

Take plenty of water and high fiber diet(Vegetables and greens) which will easy the bowel movements.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.
Follow-up: Diabetic. Feel nervous when there is much gap during meals or if don't pass stool. Suggest? 23 minutes later
Thanks for your feedback.

Just wanted to clarify that in between meals I have anxiety, nervousness sometimes dizziness and sometimes slight sweating. Is these because of gap in food in take.

Also in the morning before passing stool I feel uncomfortable and nervousness.

Just wanted to confirm if these symptons are due to gap in the food intake.

Thanks once again.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 30 minutes later

As you rightly said it is due to gap in intake of food.
It is medically called hypoglycemia(Low blood sugar).
You have all the symptoms of hypoglycemia like sweating, irritability and dizziness.