Ask a Urologist   »  

Diabetic. Dry rashes appeared on foreskin. How to remove this rashes?

I am a diabetic for last 10-12 years
my current issue is that i have a rash or some kind of dryness on the foreskin of the penis
So I am unable to push back the foreskin for urinating. Its painful. And if I try forcibly it leaves cuts on the foreskin.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 19 minutes later

You are diabetic and Hypertensive. The problem that you are having is either Fungal or bacterial infection and you may be having mild Phimosis.

1) Please keep the part clean and you can apply local antibacterial and anti fungal cream ( Mupirocin and clotramazole), for which you may have to consult a Dermatologist.
2) If there is local inflammation and pain, systemic antibiotics and analgesic and anti-inflammatory drugs may be required.
3) I hope your blood sugar and Blood pressure is under control as uncontrolled blood sugar level predisposes to infection, please let me know the levels.

Hope this information helps you; please keep me informed about progress.

If you have any additional doubt or query, I will be happy to assist you.

Dr. A. Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Diabetic. Dry rashes appeared on foreskin. How to remove this rashes? 30 minutes later
Thanks for your assistance sir.
Currently I am applying - LOBATE GM.
Is this enough and OK?
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 12 minutes later
Thanks for your input,

The ointment which you are applying is combination of steroid, miconazole and antibiotics - It may be useful. However if symptoms persist, I would urge you to visit your nearest dermatologist for oral medications.

In the interim, take simple analgesic like paracetamol or Ibuprofen and keep the part clean.

Please keep me informed about progress.

Dr. A. Dubey M.D.