Diabetic. Diagnosed with H.Pylori Infection. Should I take pantocid along with HP KIT? Ulcer?

I am Diabetic, and was diagnosed with H.Pylori Infection, This does mean that I have ulcer.
I am given a treatment with HP Kit and Pantocid 40 Mg and started taking them from today.
Should I take pantocid along with HP KIT or after completion of HP Kit for 14 days.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 56 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your report which shows that your are having H.pylori infection. The H.pylori may or may not have caused ulcer. The ulcers are suspected on the presence of H.pylori but are confirmed only by endoscopy.

The treatment of the H.pylori eradication is a 4 drug regime which contains a triple regime of antibiotic which is your HP-Kit and the fourth one is a proton pump inhibitor which controls the acid secretion and thus provides environment for an ulcer or gastritis to heal. The proton pump inhibitor you are having is pentaprazole by name of pantocid. the drug is to be taken along with the other drugs.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask