Diabetic. Cause of shivering hands?

Aug 2012

kindly brief the reason of shivering hands while writing of diabetic person.I shall be highly obliged if I may get a remedy for the same.
Posted Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 31 minutes later
Hi there.

Shivering of hands while writing cannot be only diabetes related issue but a neurological disorder. When a person has low blood glucose, shivering of body with feeling of weakness, sweating, high hunger are another symptoms which not necessarily happen only when the person is writing but they can happen whever one's sugar is low.
Particular action, like writing, if causing these symptoms then I would suggest you see a neurologist to rule out neurologic reasons involving brain, spine or a particular nerve itself.
Alcoholism can be one reason.
The remedy for this will be mostly prescribed medication from the Neurologist called Dopamin agonist to reduce the tremors. But this depends on your full clinical examination by the doctor.
I hope you got your answer. Please get back if you want to know anything else in this. Take care.