Diabetic. BP is high, taking lisinopril. Having high glucose level. Had consumed alcohol. How to reduce it?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hello, im worried im blood pressure is 172 over 88.....I haven't taken my b/p medication, its Lisinopril 10 mg....I just took the pill....I checked my glucose.....133, All this is due to a lot of drinking alcohol....4 days in Vegas......should I wait to see if it goes down....just took my b/p pill 20 mins ago......I took a baby aspirin at 1 pm.

Can you please give me some advise.....I also slept very little in the last 4 days?
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 2 hours later
Thanks for writing your query.

I would like to reassure you that you should not worry. Since you have already taken Lisinopril, your blood pressure will gradually lower down towards normal.

Is the blood sugar level fasting or random? If it is random, then it is normal in range.

Have complete rest and avoid alcohol.
If your blood pressure does not decrease, seek medical help.

I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.