Diabetes under control with diet, have tingling on toes and fingers. How can I get rid of them?

I am diet controlled diabetic2 and i have started to get slight tingling in 1 big toe and my fingers .. i also have Raynards disease ? how can i stop the tingling
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 9 minutes later

I see that you have a history of Type II diabetes on diet control. In addition, you are a known case of Raynaud's disease.

Tingling and numbness in your case may be due to both diabetes and Raynaud's.

Firstly, Diabetes causes Diabetic peripheral neuropathy and the onset may be in the PREDIABETIC stage. Effective control of blood sugar will delay this complication.

Secondly, Raynaud's disease is a Peripheral Vascular disease of the small vessels of the Hand and foot.

Any exposure to cool will induce vasoconstriction of this vessels and cause pain. Avoid to exposure to cold.

I have written in brief about your concern. Let me know if I could help you further.