Diabetes, heart and BP issues. Slow body. What can I do to become active?

MY dad si of 62 years of age and he having diabetic, heart and BP issue due to which his body become very slow. so i want to know what to do to make him active as he is not doing anything
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
I understand your concern and will try to help you put.
There are three things to be done.
1st. Make sure that his diabetes and blood pressure is tightly controlled and medications for them should be given regularly.
2nd get his VIT D,VIT B12,iron,calcium,magnesium,FOLIC acid checked and supplement those which are deficient.
3rd you have to provide psychological and emotional support to him by talking to him and making him happy.He should not feel loneliness.
Take him out for morning walks and persuading him to do mild yoga or exercises.
Ask him to practice XXXXXXX breathing exercises.keep on pepping him up.
I think if you follow this patiently,your father should improve considerably.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.