Developed small, slightly raised bumps on and around eye lids. What can this be?

over the last month, my upper eyelids (both eyes) are darker than normal- purplish/brownish. I also have developed small, slightly raised bumps on and around my lids. (I periodically have had some of these in the past, now there are several). My lids generally feel irritated, like I had a good cry, but I haven't. (though when I look in the mirror without makeup, I feel like crying!) I am 46, have some symtoms of peri menopause.
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It may be due to chronic blepharitis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to health care magic. Ham Dr Dadapeer and I answer health problems related to eye. The common causes for darkening of eye lids are Chronic inflammatory conditions of eye lids called as blepharitis Allergic conditions of eye lids Age related changes because of deposition of pigments Poor nutrition and lack of sleep. Since you have mentioned about recurrent bumps in eye lids and irritation chronic inflammatory condition is the most likely cause. The treatment is by lid hygiene by cleaning the eyelids with cotton dipped in warm water twice a day. The medical treatment depends on the cause and directed towards controlling inflammation by using antiinflammatory or steroid preparations depending on the underlying cause. This has to be taken preferably under consultation with eye doctor. Hope I have answered your query. With regards Dr Dadapeer k