Developed slightly raised brown spots on legs. How to get rid of this?

Hi my husband has developed brown spots all over the bottom part of his legs, it started 6 months ago. However,today when he showed me I saw them on other parts of his body but not as condensed. They are not ichy, but they feel very slightly raised and smooth, he is 51 years of age.
Thank you XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

I would like to know some more details about the spots your husband has, to understand and advise better.

1. Are the spots progressively increasing in size or spreading ?
2. Do you see redness surrounding the spots ?
3. Are the lesions scaly or smooth surfaced ?
4. Did he take any medications for the spots he has ?

If possible please do attach an image showing the spots, so that I have a look and narrow the possibilities down to most possible diagnosis.

Waiting for your response,