Developed skin infection on shaving area. Why hasn't fudic bnf cream completely cured it? Suggest other creams?

I developed skin infection on my face-on my cheeks, chin(basically the shaving area). A skin specialist recommended Fudic bnf cream which I have been using for the past 2 years. Although it was able to contain and inhibit the infection but not able to completely cure it. And if I miss out using the cream for a few days it flares up again. is there any other cream/medicine that I can try? something perhaps more stronger.
appreciate your response
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Radhika 33 minutes later
It is possible that you have a fungal infection or follicultis which is common in the bearded areas of the skin. This can become chronic if left untreated. Whereas these are readily treatable conditions, the diagnosis can be made only after you have been examined by a dermatologist. A few investigations like a skin scraping (which can be examined under a microscope) may be required.

The treatment for fungal infection involves anti-fungals like itraconazole, terbinafine and griseofulvin. The treatment of folliculitis, a course of oral antibiotics may be warranted.

I would also suggest the following:
a.     Frequently change the blades
b.     Wash the area with dettol mixed in water.

I would suggest that you get yourself evaluated by a dermatologist who can examine the lesion and treat you once and for all.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow ups. Please accept my answer if you have no follow ups.