Developed severe pain in groin and have sore lower back. Taking oxycodon and paracetemol. Osteoporosis?

Neurologist, Surgical
i had a sore lower back for 3 weeks and it then suddenly worsened with pain down my right side into my buttock and leg and then developed a terrible stabbing pain in my right groin. cannot walk now and am in a wheelchair. cannot get intoi bed and am sleeping in a very comfortable armchair. drs say i am to have a dex scan as they suspect osteoporosis. am taking oxycodon 2 - 3 times every 24 hours ours and gabepentine, tramadol and paracetemol 4 hourly during waking hours in fairly strong dosage. what is your diagnosis and prognosis?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later

I went through the details provided with diligence.

Without a clinical examination it is difficult to establish the cause; however the symptoms you reported are suggestive of radiculopathy - compression of nerve roots between spine. It is an abnormal compression resulting from various conditions including osteoporotic degeneration.

X-ray and MRI scans of lumbosacral spine along with Dexa Scan can help us identify the cause.

Radiculopathy is treatable. The mode of treatment can either be conservative or surgical. Without an opportunity to perform a neurological examination and view the radiological reports I am unable to predict the chances of recovery.

Hope this suffices. Let me know if you need further clarifications.