Developed sciatica pain after knee surgery. MRI done. Is spinal and MRI result related?

I had a spinal when I had knee surgery. I developed bad sciatica pain upon leaving recovery.. The pain has continued for 2 months with some improvement with physical therapy and cold treatments.I had an MRI 6 weeks after surgery, and there is a "central herniated disc L4-5 with some displacement of the right nerve root noted XXXXXXX Could the spinal and the "central herniated disc L4-5 with some displacement of the right nerve root noted XXXXXXX be related. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the reply

The low backache problem your having is a condition from which most of people are suffering these days. The main reason for this the long working duties while sitting continuously in-front of computers or continuous standing putting pressure on the vertebra. some other causes also include obesity and heavy weight lifting.

Spinal injections can cause infection of that area, can damage the nerve resulting in loss of bladder and bowel control or paralysis of lower limbs however cannot cause herniation or displacement of disc.
The condition can be improved with physiotherapy and anti-inflammatory drugs. steroids should have shown dramatic changes in recovery. surgery is only indicated in cases where neurological deficit is developing like numbness, parasthesia and loss of sensory or motor reflexes

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask. It will be my pleasure to help you out.