Developed red rashes all over body. Prescribed dakacort and hydrocortisone for eczema. Thoughts?

my 12 year old daughter has developed a rash on her body which the pharnacists says it looks like eczema, it started with a few spots on her neck, then a patch resembling ringworm appeared on one arm. pharmacist recommended dakacort and hydrocortisone, emulisfying oint, and piriton if itchy. there is times it appears to be improving then it flared up again with patchy red or browny pigmentation marks over most of her back and abdominal region. if its an allergy to something im not sure where to start. we are using tons of natural moisturiser so skin is intact. when her body feels warm rash appears more angry. she commenced period avout 6 weeks ago.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kruti 28 minutes later

I will be glad to be of assistance.

The rash that you mentioned if is eczema, application of hydrocortisone may not be adequate to treat it. Hydrocortisone cream is a very mild steroid cream. It would be better to use a prescription strength steroid cream like mometasone cream which would work better and will be more effective.

You mentioned that the lesions look like ringworm, if that's the case then application of only the daktacort cream alone will be effective.
However it would be helpful if you can give me a few more details regarding the rash that would help me understand whether its an eczema or ringworm. I would like a few details regarding shape, size, colour, whether grouped together, whether rash consists of boils etc; these details of the rash.