Developed rash kind of wound on penis head under foreskin. Has cracks and bleeds little. Sensitive to touch

I have developed a rash kind of wound on left side of my penis head under the foreskin. I believe that is due to tight grip or friction while masturbating & lack of enough lubrication. The rash is very red & few times a tiny crack leaves small red prints of blood on my inner-wear. It is very sensitive to touch & hurts. I clean it everyday with Dove soap but it is still there since last 3 weeks. No intercourse since last 8 months. Suggest a treatment please.
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Vakul Aren 1 hour later
Welcome to Health Care Magic.

A rash type of wound on the glans of the penis under the foreskin is most likely to be a fungal infection, this is usually accompanied by a musty smell. A secondary bacterial infection may occur at times superadded to the fungal infection, which may need antibiotics. Balanitis or infections of the glands around the head of the penis which may be fungal or bacterial will give rise to similar symptoms .It is important to clean the penis with lukewarm water after retracting the foreskin and removing the smegma/any collection under the foreskin. Application of Clotrimazole cream locally for upto 3 weeks after the symptoms resolve may clear the infection and prevent recurrence. Oral antibiotics like Cefixime may be required if secondary bacterial infection is suspected. Using soap may occasionally cause contact dermatitis due to irritation of the sensitive mucosa. This will need local steroid cream.