Developed mole on skin and skin colour getting black and red. What should be done?

my grandmom has mole and skin colors get black and somepart are redness . so if she needs to get it looked at and why? i took pic so i want to show u then colud I get more info?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 2 hours later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions. Moles are small bumps or areas of skin color change that can occur on any part of the skin. Most moles are brownish but they can be flesh colored, blue, or black. The color is due to a pigment called melanin in your body's cells. Most people have at least a few moles. Theyare caused by an overproduction of melanin in clumps of skin cells. Most moles are harmless. Some moles, however, may be considered unsightly because of their appearance or location. Rarely (about one in a million), a mole undergoes cancerous change to become a malignant melanoma. Malignant melanoma is the least common but most XXXXXXX form of skin cancer. Research suggests that malignant melanoma in adults may be related to sunburn in childhood. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks