Developed itchy rashes around upper legs and genital area. How to cure this?

I am a 57 black male, height 170cm weight 72kg. At present it is summer here in Lima Peru where I live and work. Every day I wear shorts and cotton boxers and shower and change 2 or 3 times a day. This summer i've noticed that i sweat a little bit more around the genital area; mind you it is hot every day. Recently i have developed a rash on my upper legs just either side of my gentials. There is a slight itch when I sweat otherwise it isn't really problematical. How can I solve this problem.
Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Excessive sweating in groin area is quiet common in hot climate.
This accumulated sweat leads to infection, and in the groin area fungal infection is very common.
I advice you to use clotrimazole powder.
This will absorb the moisture as well as control the fungus.
Let me know if you need further classification.
Thank you
Follow-up: Developed itchy rashes around upper legs and genital area. How to cure this? 8 hours later
Many thanks for your reply. Iiwas very useful indeedand i have already started the medication.
Once this fungus is cleared up what measures can i take to avoid it in the future.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.
Please remember to use the powder atleast for 45 days, even if you have no symptoms, as stopping treatment in between helps the fungus to regrow.
After 45 days just apply normal talc powder daily. This will absorb moisture and prevent infection.
It is a good habit to use normal powder daily, when you are living in a hot humid climate.
This will prevent the chances of infection.
Hope I could help you a bit.
If you find the discussion useful, kindly rate it before closing.
Thank you