Delayed periods, body ache, feet swelling, mood swings, high body temperature. Possible to get pregnant without having sex?

Hi, my periods are delayed for over two weeks now. My gynae suggested me to take DUB-5 three times a day for three days. She said i would be having periods within 3-5 days after withdrawing the course. it's been 4 days but no result. I've been experiencing backache, bodyache, swelling in feet, high body temperature, frequent mood swings for last 3 weeks. besides, i don't feel like eating anything. what to do?

The second question is- is it possible to get pregnant without having sexual intercourse. Yes, I've been sexually active (but never had intercourse) and last time by boyfriend ejaculated near my vagina. Are there any chances of getting pregnant? i did not take pregnancy test because i thought it is necessary to have penetration to get pregnant. but when i searched on internet it said that a woman can get pregnant even when a man ejaculates close to her vagina or rubs his penis with the vagina. is it true? what should i do now
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 58 minutes later

You can be pregnant even if ejaculation occur near the vagina (sperms are motile & they can enter the vaginal tract from the outside).

You will need to be evaluated if you are not getting periods even after taking DUB-5. The next step would be to perform test to rule out pregnancy. I suggest you to do your urine pregnancy test with test kit available at pharmacy as soon as possible & consult your gynaecologist for further evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for your further queries.