Delayed periods. Worried about pregnancy. Suggest medicines to start periods?

Normally i have a very regular periods, but this time the due date is over almost by a week. I doubt something is wrong with my contraception this time and i am not in a position to conceive. Please prescribe me something to start the periods.
Also like to inform you, we normally use condoms and I-pill.
Earlier we heard about a medicine named CLEAR, but it is no more available in the market.
Please advise me appropriately.
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 3 hours later
thanks for the query,

Normal menses last for 21 to 35 days and is regular and always reoccur after an approximately equal number of days. It is not uncommon to have delays or have menses come later or earlier for a couple of days says 2 to 4 days but this is usually occasionally. Such situations can be provoked by stress or strenous physical exercises etc.

The use of condom is a good contraceptive methods provided it does not get burst and the use of I-pill when taken within 72 hours following intercourse further increases the chances of not falling pregnant. But then no contraceptive method is 100% effective except abstinence which is not the case with you.

In my opinion therefore, i will recommend you do a rapid pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. If its positive that will imply you are pregnant. If its negative, you will have to wait a little more without being stress up as it might further delay the menses. If it stays definitely without coming you might consider seeing a gynecologist who will do a detail examination and might consider putting you on progesterone.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards.