Delayed periods. Worried about pregnancy. How to avoid pregnancy in early stage?

Hello Doctors,
My name's XXXXXXX, aged 26YO. My engaged GF & I had some romance a month ago and now she is not done with her monthly periods yet. We are very sure that we had no intercourse. but still She's too worried if she's pregnant. i'm thinking about the Pregasure Pregnancy test. Now please advice us how to avoid the early pregnancy if the test result comes positive. Please! I just cant see her worried.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

I will try my best to keep it simple but please follow the instructions carefully to avoid any hassles.

First, your girlfriend should get a Urine pregnancy test (Pregasure test) which needs to be done after 1 week of missing her period.

If the result is negative, it's great. If she is pregnant, then she will definitely need to visit a Gynecologist to get the pregnancy terminated. This is done by oral tablets which is an easy procedure and can be done on an outpatient (OPD) basis. Another method is to be use a surgical method which needs to be done by a gynaecologist. This is also an outpatient procedure. However, there is no better option than visiting her doctor since it is done safely and under her care. This is the best option for you. Taking pills on her own without the supervision of a physician can lead to XXXXXXX amounts of bleeding which can be have serious consequences.

To avoid pregnancy, you may always use a condom or ask your girlfriend to take an emergency pill after unprotected intercourse.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Worried about pregnancy. How to avoid pregnancy in early stage? 1 hour later
Hey Dr. Shanthi.E Thanks a tonne! Now that's seems very promising against our issue. Will shortly let you know the further.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Thank you for a positive feedback.
You are welcome and if you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention. Add “attention Dr. Shanthi" in the beginning of your query.