Delayed periods. Pregnancy not confirmed. Want to take Cyclenorm and P&E. Dosage?

hi i am XXXXXXX i am 34 .my period is delayed by 6 days.
i hope that i am avoid this i have bought cyclenorm P&E.
pl tell the dosage.and in how many days it will clear.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) When was your Last Menstrual Period?
2.) Are your periods regular?
3.) Have you tested your Urine for Pregnancy?

Your history says, you hope that you are pregnant which means the pregnancy has not been confirmed. If pregnancy is not confirmed, i would not suggest you take cyclenorm P and E.

Kindly get a Urine Pregnancy test done using a early morning first urine sample of the day, a week after you missed your periods. You should be seeing a Gynecologist and get a opinion, if the result is either positive or negative.

If you are pregnant, medical abortion should be done under a Doctor's guidance and not just by knowing the name of the drug. The dose and frequency depends upon the duration of pregnancy and also the patients health status. Kindly do not take any medicine without getting yourself examined.

If the test is negative, your doctor will examine and rule out the exact case for missed or delayed periods and will treat you accordingly.

Hope you have understood my point. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health and All the Best.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.