Delay in period, strong sense of smell. Pregnancy test came positive once, negative next time. Am I pregnant?

Mar 2016

im do for my period on wed april 10th. i took a pregnancy test on the april 3rd and it was positive. i took one yesterday and it was negative. today april 6th, i have a strong sense of smell. everything seems to stink. i was having my morning coffee. and i almost threw up . am i pregnant?
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. S Patra 43 minutes later

Early pregnancy test is less significant. As your period is due on 10th April, you should repeat the home pregnancy test again after missed period. One blood test for beta-HCG level is required to confirm the same after 7 days.

About 95% accurate result is achieved around period due date or missed period. Pregnancy strip test gives 96-99% positive result 7 days after missed period.

Above clinical features are resembled with early pregnancy signs but you need to confirm it. Other possible reasons are stress/ emotional upset/ imagination or thinking of some kind of fact etc.

Take healthy diet and drink more water. Eat fresh vegetables & fruits. You can consult with your gynecologist following test report.

Hope, this information is quite helpful to you. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen