Delay in period. Had unprotected sex and had ipill. No sign of pregnancy. When will I get the next period?

i m a 25 year old.due to late in my periods i ate black sesame seeds with honey for 3 days and i got my periods but with some clotted blood.after 10days i had unprotected sex and i ate ipill and i got my periods on 12th of the month.......then on 26th of that month i ate sesame seeds and honey empty stomach and again i got my periods on same day.......after that if i calculate my date from 3rd time period date by today my period is late by 12 days and i had no signs of pregnancy on pregnancy detection kit when tested within a span of 7 days twice.what could be the reason?when will i get my next period?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rule out pregnancy again; then other tests

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I can understand you are worried, but please try not to worry as stress can also result in a delay in periods. Let me start by first saying that a pregnancy test should be conducted at least 2 weeks after the last sexual contact and using an early morning urine sample. So if you have not followed the above requirements, I would urge you to repeat the pregnancy test.

Now coming to the delay in periods, this can be caused by various conditions, they are:
-Infections (you will have other symptoms like frequent urination, burning sensation while urinating, vaginal discharge, etc.)
-Sudden weight loss or gain
-Hormonal irregularities
-Pelvic inflammatory disease
-Polycystic ovarian disease/syndrome (will require a transvaginal ultrasound)

As you can see the causes are numerous, so I would advice you to go about the following investigations, which should surely help in finding the cause for the delay in your periods:
-Urine culture examination
-Vaginal swab test
-Transvaginal ultrasound scan
-Blood investigation to check on hormonal levels

These investigations will surely and accurately help in finding the cause for the delay. But these will have to be conducted only if pregnancy has completely been ruled out. In the meantime, please abstain from all forms of sexual contact and drink plenty of water. I hope this information helps, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications or guidance.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Delay in period. Had unprotected sex and had ipill. No sign of pregnancy. When will I get the next period? 8 hours later
yes i tested my pregnancy during early morning with the kit and its showing negative.should i go for other tests you had mentioned earlier or i should wait?i m not having sex for more than 15 days now,how many days i should not do it?i do not have any symptoms of infection or vaginal inflammatory symptoms......i am feeling perfectly kindly tell whether to wait for few days and if any home remedies available that can be done or i have to go for all these tests any how?does this has any long term problems?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go for tests; can lead to infertility in longterm

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am.

It is good to know that you have conducted the home pregnancy test using an early morning urine sample, but was this conducted at least 2 weeks after your last sexual encounter? If yes, then please go ahead with the investigations mentioned in my previous response; if not, then wait and repeat the pregnancy test.

As each organ plays a specific role and has a specific function, when any partmof the body does not function or work, then it starts to wear out. For this reason it is important for every woman to get her period at least once every 3 months or it can lead to permanent dysfunction of the ovaries, which can result in complications like infertility, etc. There are no specific home remedies we can advice without knowing the cause for such a presentation, it is best to conduct the previously mentioned investigations at yoyr earliest convenience.

I hope this information helps you ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.