Delay in period. Blood test done. Taken pills. What do you suggest?

My LMP is 24th feb 2013
Still I hvnt got my periods
I hv got blood test also done fr pregnancy n hcg level is less than 2
I did consume 2ipills in feb
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 13 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. When a woman becomes pregnant, she starts to produce a hormone called hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) This hormone give the positive result on both urine and blood based tests.

An hCG level of less than 5 mIU/ml like it is less than 2mIU/ml in your case generally indicates you are not pregnant but this depends on the day post ovulation when the test is done.

Missing of periods in your case can be due to hormonal effects caused by the post coital pills. One normally produces 25 milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml) of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) 10 days after conception.

Sometime it may be possible that it can give you false negative results during early days of pregnancy only because of un- sufficient level of hCG to make test positive. So I suggest you to completely clear the status of pregnancy by getting an ultrasound uterus done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.