Dark, hard, raised mole on arm. No pain or itching

I have a small, dark, raised mole on my arm. It is hard to the touch and looks more or less like a scab but raised, as if from a puncture. I first noticed it in the past Spring. No pain, no itchiness.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 3 hours later

A mole can be of many types and the exact nature of the same can only be confirmed with an excissional biopsy - the only treatment and investigation for the lesion.

In your case as the lesion is not increasing in size and has no symptoms, there is nothing serious to be concerned. But if you wish to get this treated, then the only option is excision (removal).

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need any other information on this issue.

Dr.Rohit Batra