Dark circles under eyes. How to get rid of them?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hello i am a 42 years old male.. and i would like to ask you about the dark circles under my eyes that are very pronunced ..if is any medical cause since all
my blod test are ok and how can i get rid of them.thank you in adokvance!
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
With respect to the dark circles under the eyes, these are due to stress, lack of proper sleep and long hours of work on the computer. You may need to change some of your habits and dietary patterns and this issue will be resolved on its own.

The cause for dark circles under the eyes include :
1. Thin overlying skin: the skin surrounding the eye region is thin and delicate. As we age, the skin of this region becomes even thinner which thereby intensifies the appearance of underlying blood vessels.
2. Allergens: Allergies to pollen, dust, or others can result in development of dark circles.
3. Genetics: In some individuals, genes inherited from parents can be responsible for the dark circles under their eyes. These circles tend to look a more prominent look in fair-skinned people or people with XXXXXXX set eyes.
4. Iron Deficiency anaemia

Some remedies and precautions that are effective at fading the dark circles off your face are:
1. Apply a Sunscreen every day before you set off from home for office or a trip.
2. Drink copious amounts of water
3. Application of plain (black tea) bags over closed eyes effectively fades off under eye dark circles
4. Cucumber Juice - mash a cucumber, with the skin still on it, and apply the juice to your face. Leave it on for at least fifteen minutes, and then wash off.
5. Also, make sure you drink enough water, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep.
6. Avoid the intake of excess salt in food items.
7. Apply overnight eye creams that contain Vitamin C and Vitamin K. Such creams help a lot in fading the dark circles under your eyes by strengthening blood vessel walls.
8. Include certain foods like, cranberries, blueberries, bilberries, tea (green and black), black currant, onions, legumes, and parsley that are XXXXXXX in antioxidants in your diet.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Dark circles under eyes. How to get rid of them? 7 hours later
thanks for your answer sir. i would like to ask you why still one of the eye is darker than the other?
thank you in advance!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 50 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
It is likely to be due to difference in the degree of pigmentation in the area.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.