Dark circles around the eyes. Cure?

I have a problem of black ring arounfd the eyes, please suggest me how can i cure this ?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 5 hours later

Peri orbital pigmentation or dark circles is difficult to treat. Because the exact cause is not known. the precipitating factors are stress, sleepless nights and to a certin extent familial also. It is due to the increasae in pigmentation around the eyes, not only melanin but also Hemosiderin. some people consider this similar to lymphatic obstruction.

Some measures which might help you
1. The best treatment is to apply sun screens in the day time.
2. At night you can apply Vitamin C cream or vitamin C veg caps are available (Strea Company).
Repeat applications for six months.
3. Wunder eye cream is marketted by glenmark pharmaceuticals. You may try this also. But be prepared for a long term treatment.

Avoidance of stress, adequate rest, good sleep and healthy nutritious diet are also essential.

Hope, this answers your query. I will be available for follow up queries.