Dark brown patch on scrotum, thick skin, testicles staying high rather than hanging. What should I do?

hey, well basically my scrotum has a dark brown patch on the underside of it and the skin of it is thick, also my testicles are staying high rather than hanging. what should i do ?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
From your description, it seems that you having a scrotal skin infection- most likely fungal which is causing the dartos muscle to contract and your testicles are staying high.
A direct examination by a dermatologist will help in confirmation of the diagnosis. Most of the times such minor infections do improve on topical treatment with clotrimazole ointment. In persistent cases, systemic antifungal agents might be needed.
You can get the appropriate drugs prescribed from your dermatologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Dark brown patch on scrotum, thick skin, testicles staying high rather than hanging. What should I do? 36 hours later
with the appropriate drugs prescribed, will it help get rid of this infection ? is this a serious thing ? and does this affect me in any way during intercourse ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
With proper treatment, this infection can be completely treated. It is a common infection and can be easily taken care of. Please do not worry.
It does not affect you during the intercourse but exposes the female partner to the infection. Since it is contagious, you might transfer the infection to your partner.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.