Cyst on eyelid, headache, stiff neck, blurred vision and dent on forehead. Could it be an infection?

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
I recently had a myocardial perfusion scan, But also had a cyst on my left eyelid and one underneath the lid. the cyst has been there now for about 10 weeks, but after the perfusion scan i started experiencing headaches and a dent has appeared on my forehead. with the headaches i get a stiff neck, signs of pressure behind my eyes, cheeks and nose. I also feel like my vision is blurry or shaky in my left eye. what can be causing this? could it be an infection caused by the cyst?
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 7 hours later
Well, let me explain you that:

If you had a cyst underneath the lid, the cyst will not in any way, change after myocardial perfusion scan.
Myocardial perfusion scan is a scan in which a radiotracer (tiny amount) is injected intravenously and that is totally innocuous as far as the same is concerned.

This has a radiation associated but has never been associated with any other side effect.

Regardless of any of the molecule that is injected, they may produce sometimes rarely mild symptoms like headache or allergic reaction e.g. itching etc (that too very rare). However, these kind of symptoms disappear in a day or two but the symptoms that you mentioned like pressure behind eyes, cheek and nose (if the same last more than 48 hours, the same is not due to myocardial perfusion scan).

Therefore, you need to consult your personal physician to rule out other causes responsible for these symptoms.

Let me know if you have further concerns.
Dr Chowhan
Follow-up: Cyst on eyelid, headache, stiff neck, blurred vision and dent on forehead. Could it be an infection? 18 hours later
I sent a follow up question already but i haven't received a reply yet, im not sure if it was sent?
I have showed my GP who has not been helpful at all, I got sent for a blood test for a full blood count and ESR. That came back normal, but can I still have an infection causing the dent? the dent in on the left hand side of my forehead and is quite big
(20 pence piece) its quite tender there and the headaches come from there sometimes and are dull. All the other symptoms in my previous message still happen. What can cause this?
I do not see any follow-up question.

As regards the problem, I already have replied. Please read the same carefully and you will understand.
Again, I am emphasizing the fact that the symptoms you mentioned is not caused due to myocardial perfusion scan.

Note that the headache associated with Myocardial perfusion scan specially occurs if along with Myocardial perfusion scan you have been injected Inj Adenosine(or Dypiridamole) if you failed to do stress (you did not mention the procedure done during myocardial perfusion scan).

As if myocardial perfusion is done (includes stress and rest component and if you failed to carry out stress TMT the Doctor might prefer to carry out pharmacological stress. There they might inject vasodilator eg Inj Adenosine or Dypiridamole) that may cause headache that only is transient (gets relived after XXXXXXX 6 to 12 hours of injection even without any medicine taken to treat headache).

For other symptoms (unrelated to myocardial perfusion scan), you need to consult a specialist at your place.
Dr Chowhan