Cure for heel pain?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
heel allergies and medical problem..
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 47 minutes later

Plantar fascitis is the most common cause of heel pain. The plantar fascia is the flat band of tissue that connects your heel bone to your toes. It supports the arch of your foot. If you strain your plantar fascia, it gets weak, swollen and irritated. Then your heel or the bottom of your foot hurts when you stand or walk.

Give your feet a rest. Cut back on activities that make your foot hurt. Try not to walk or run on hard surfaces.

To reduce pain and swelling, try putting ice on your heel. Or take an over-the-counter pain reliever like ibuprofen (such as Motrin), naproxen, or aspirin.

Do toe stretches , calf stretches and towel stretches several times a day, especially when you first get up in the morning.

Get a new pair of shoes. Pick shoes with good arch support and a cushioned sole. Or try heel cups or shoe inserts. Use them in both shoes, even if only one foot hurts.

Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at WWW.WWWW.WW
Warm regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Follow-up: Cure for heel pain? 22 minutes later
I tried using heel cups from hugpuppies as they provive good solution...but pain is still there any regular alternate than taking medicine
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

Do physical therapy and exercises. Do contrast foot bath- Dip your foot alternatively in warm and cold water. Apply anti inflammatory gel to reduce pain and inflammation.

Hope this will helps you.

Dr Saurabh Gupta