Cure for delayed ejaculation

I keep an erection for quite a long time but am finding it more difficult to have an orgasm. The sexual act feels very good but it takes longer to reach climax. I wear my partner out.
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James -8 hours later
Brief Answer: delayed ejaculation Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Delayed ejaculation is one of the lesser common sexual issues in males.It occurs as a result of interaction between biological, psychological, relationship and cultural factors. There are different possible causes : (1) side effect of medication - some medications such as (2)spinal cord injury (3)diabetes (4)psychological issues (5)infection of an aspect of the genital tract (urethra, prostate, epididymis,testes) You need to consider visiting your doctor who would be able to assess you for any of the above Unfortunately there are no medications that are approved for this specific condition but it can be treated by psychological therapy with a sex therapist. The therapist would go through techniques with you that would help relieve the problem. Your general physician may be able to refer you to a therapist if his or her assessment do not show any obvious abnormalities I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Cure for delayed ejaculation 3 hours later
In your response #s 1 through 5 are not applicable. I take no prescription drugs other than periodic Ambien to assist with sleep. My wife of 38 years died about 2 1/2 years ago but I have had fulfilling sexual relationships with 6 or 7 women since then including two sustained monogamous relationships. I am sensing that you are suggesting that in most likely is a psychosomatic issue, would that be correct?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 9 hours later
Brief Answer: in some men there is a psychological component Detailed Answer: HI I am sorry for the late response. Delayed ejaculation can be due to biological causes but those causes most of those causes are the ones mentioned. It can also be related to psychological or cultural causes, in some persons it is related to an interplay of all of these. I can only say that in most men , there is at least some psychological component but you would obviously know best if this applies to you. It is normally treated by certain sexual techniques that are discussed by a sexual therapist. Please feel free to ask any thing else