Cramping just before orgasm, feels like re-cramping after some hours

severe cramping lower right side just befor orgasim. This has happened about about 3 times in the last month. Feels like it is on the verge of recraming for several hrs after initial cramp. These cramps are so severe it doubles me over with severe pain for several minutes. and comes and goes for the next 20min.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later

It seems like a serious health concern. One strong possibility is an inguinal hernia that may be obstructed just before the orgasm and causing the cramp and pain. Mostly, obstructed inguinal hernia cause this sort of an excruciating pain.

In my opinion, you should get an ultrasound of the whole abdomen done along with pelvis and scrotum, to confirm the cause.

It would be wise to go to the Emergency Room and get this evaluated. Taking painkillers for this may mask the underlying pathology. Please get the investigation done at the earliest and management can be planned accordingly.

The other possibilities are Appendicitis, hydroceole, varicoele of the scrotum and intestinal colitis.

I wish you recover quickly.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.