Could yeast infection cause tenderness,selling and soreness of fingers,toes and feet?
User rating for this question
the tips of my fingers and toes as well as the bottom of my foot are very tender slightly swollen and sore. They are slightly red with little dots under the skin and darker spots on the skin. It started on my toes on my right foot and has now spread. I get it on my toes every winter but never my fingers. The skin eventually hardens and scabs and comes off. Could this be a sign of yeast overgrowth? I also just noticed a reddish purplish splotch on my chin that looks kind of simular.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Not likely to be yeast infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The swelling of the toes and fingers that you have are likely to be due to chillblains which develop on an exposure to the cold. This is not likely to be related to a yeast infection. They do not cause any permanent damage. They will usually heal on their own if further exposure to the cold is avoided. You can do a hot fomentation to reduce the swelling and discomfort. Resist the urge to scratch, as this will further damage the skin. Use calamine lotion or witch XXXXXXX to soothe the itching. Your chemist may also supply a suitable product. Lanolin or similar, rubbed into the feet, will help retain body heat. Wear woollen or cotton socks. Keep your whole body warm. Gentle exercise will improve circulation to your feet. If there is no superficial ulceration then there is no need to worry. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
People also viewed
- Vyvanse cause yeast infection
- Toddler small lump over belly button
- Symptoms of small benign cyst
- Lump protruding right of belly button
- Symptoms of thyroid illness
- Lump under skin above belly button
- Yeast infection sore eyes
- Symptoms of juvenile diabetes
- Could the pimples be caused due to yeast infection
- Symptoms of flu-like illness
- Male belly button pussing
- Weird liquid in belly button
- Could anilingus cause a yeast infection
- Symptoms of gum erythema
- Could fibroids cause yeast infection