Could the congenital chest deformities of my children be due to agent orange?

my husband served in vieet nam in 68 & 69. He was exposed to agent orange . at this time he is considered 100% disabled. My question is , my son was borned in 1972 . at 6 years old they repaired his chest from a cocndition called pectus excavatum. my daughter ,borned in 1979 was alo borned with a chest deformaty. could this be a result of agent orange?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Exposure to agent orange is associated with a wide variety of effects.
Physical deformity as well as muscular deformities of chest wall in newborn babies have been documented due to its exposure to the parents.
It is likely that the deformities in both of your children could have been caused due to exposure to agent orange.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.