Could i possibly be reinfected with H. pylori inspite of my stomach pain and bloating?

General Surgeon
I was once dx with Hpylori...many years ago. I was treated with antibiotics. As the years past I had had lots of stomach problems....but after many scopes on both ends doctors have came back empty-handed. Now I have a pain feels like right on top of my stomach and I'm bloated all the time. Could I possible had pylori again....and what's the best way to check...when I first had it we tested my stool. Now they say you can test it by blowing in this this a accurate way of testing for it?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer: reinfection is possible, breath test is accurate Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to HCM. This is Dr. Ashish Verma, a general surgeon, answering to your query. Yes, it is possible to get reinfected with H. pylori. And your symptoms are classical of gastritis. You can get yourself tested by blowing in the tube...urea breath test....the test is highly accurate, the sensitivity and specificity are very high and range from 90 to 98% and from 92 to 100%, respectively. Till then you need to again start on a ppi tablet like pantaprazole, but it will be more better, as you are also having bloating, to add a prokinetic drug also, like levosulpride....but for the prescription you need to see your local doctor. Also, a few dietary restrictions will greatly help, like avoiding tea, coffee, spicy foods and soda drinks. Hope, that I have answered to all your queries. If you have further queries, i will be glad to answer them. Get well soon. Dr. Ashish Verma