Could an infected pimple on chin cause a swollen gland under chin?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Could an infected pimple on my chin cause a swollen salivary gland under my chin? It is about pea sized and I only noticed it when putting lotion on and it is tender.
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
The infected pimple on the chin causes the regional lymph node to enlarge.
So what you have is mostly the so called "submandibular lymph node XXXXXXX
When the infection of the skin pimple subsides, this node also will regress in size
Meanwhile one important point to remember! -please never touch or prick a pimple around the mouth area ( which is called the danger zone of the face) because any infection in the area has chances of spreading inside the brain thro the blood stream!
This is just general word of caution!
All the best
God bless
Dr Uma