Could I take stadol for migraine?

Is the drug Stadol still used as a treatment for migraine headaches?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking in to the problem I would like to tell you that although many new drugs have come for treatment of migraine this drug is also also used for pain control by some doctors . Stadol contains Butorphanol Tartrate which is is a morphinan-type synthetic opioid analgesic used to treat moderate to severe pain, including pain from surgery, muscle pain, and migraine headaches etc. Take care. Dr. Shruti