Could I take norethistrone while taking lymecycline for asthma?

My daughter has been prescribed norethistrone to delay periods as we are going on holiday as she I'd due to start whilst away. She has been diagnosed with asthma Also taking lymecycline Is it fine for her to take norethistrone
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Brief Answer: not a known contraindication Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic There are no known interactions between lymecycline and norethisterone.Asthma is also not a contraindication for its use, though her doctor will keep it in mind because asthmatics have a greater risk of potential allergies even to medications. Hormonal medication such as these are not recommended if there is a history of a clot disorder, migraines, epilepsy Norethisterone is commonly used to delay periods. It contains a hormone similar to the progesterone which is produced in the body. To delay a period normally it is taken 5 mg , three times a day, 3 to 4 days before the period is due. It can be taken for up to 2 weeks. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions
Follow-up: Could I take norethistrone while taking lymecycline for asthma? 8 minutes later
I have been prescribed a 3 week course?
Brief Answer: that's ok Detailed Answer: hi That is fine, it is given as long as needed to stop or delay the period. The period would generally start 2 to 3 days after the medication stops. Please feel free to ask anything else