Could I take bitozed for hairfall problem?

Dec 2013

Hi, I am 27 professional. Moved from UK to India few months back. And realized that I started losing my hairs like never before. I thought it may be because of change in water(hard to soft) and the polution at first, but its not stopping even till today. Its been 3 months now and my hairs are getting thin day by day. Is it normal to have hair fall? Someone suggested me to use Bitozed(Biotin+zinc), but not sure it will work for me. or Will it have any side effect after use? Please advise the best solution for my age and condition. Thanks in advance.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly see the detailed mail Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for hair fall. Our scalp contains almost one lac hair and upto hundred hair if fall per day is considered normal. It is quite common to find hair fall in men due to multiple reasons. It can be hormonal known as "male pattern baldness" is in young men like you. I can see you are a young man of 27 years. So it is quite obvious that you can have this problem of hair fall because of hormonal influence. Other than male pattern baldness there can be falling of hair all over the scalp because of local factors such dandruff and poor scalp hygiene, improper nutrition, stress and due to substance abuse. Many of the times due to change of place, a person can get hair fall. But above of all all the process of hair fall is temporary. What we can see is hair falling but can not see the one which are growing. In yourself it is for 3 months and can remain upto 6 months of period in general. Most of the times we dermatologist prefer to suggest dietary modifications first and reduction of stress factor along with stoppage of substance abuse. For the betterment kindly follow the suggestions below: 1. Eat at least 3-4 different fruits saplings per day. Every fruit is good but you can make a combination of sour with sweet fruits such as oranges, papaya and other of seasonal fruits. 2. Pulses are good source of proteins. So everyday have a small bowel full of mixed pulses. Add green leafy vegetables additionally in the pulses which contains lot of iron and vitamins in it. 3. Sprouts are the best source of fibers, minerals especially iron, vitamins and proteins too. so add it at-least alternate day if you can not make in every-day's part of meal. 4. Over night soaked and peeled almonds will give you good vitamin E which is good for the hair growth. 5. Milk and milk products should be included in every-day's schedule. 6.Do light exercises, reduce your work stress as all these have bit impact on skin so also on scalp skin. 7.Stop any substance abuse such as smoking and alcohol if any!! You should follow the above suggestions for atleast 2-3 months. Additionally you can take biotin tablet which is is good supplement in improvement of the hair growth. There is no side effect of this tablet as it is a part of vitamin B complex. You can take it for multiple of months without any problem. Hair growth is a slow process and need some time to get better. SO have patience young man. I hope these informations will help you. If you have further queries I will be glad to help. "Wish you good health" Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)