Could I take Garcinia Cambogia while taking crestor, premarin and probitor?

Can you take Garcinia Cambogia whilst taking crestor, premarin and probitor?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No drug interactions noted.Hepatotoxicity.FollowUp

Detailed Answer:
Hi Thanks for using XXXXXXX

The Garcinia Cambogia has showed no drug interaction with other drugs according to the available evidence. But there are no enough studies to prove this.

This can cause hepatotoxicity and hence some preparations have been withdrawn from the market and even the weight reduction is around 1 KG maximum. So I don't recommend this. So if you want to take this then keep watch on LFT, RFT and all vitals with regular followup with your doctor..

You are using Crestor which is very good drug in reducing cholesterol level (Total and LDL). So you need to continue this and do proper diet and regular exercises. This will give you good result.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.
Wish you a very happy life and good health.