Contact of semen and vaginal discharge over layers of clothes can cause pregnancy?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
So my girlfriend was grinding on top of my erection while i was wearing boxer briefs and shorts, she only had on panties and a skirt. I definitely know that there was some pre-ejaculatory fluid. What are the chances of her getting pregnant through the layers of clothing? And then at a later stage I touched the tip of my penis which had some precum on it but wiped my finger on the bed, and a little later i used that same finger to masturbate my girlfriend through her cotton panties, could that have caused pregnancy?
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 4 hours later

The chances of pregnancy are negligible or rare in your case, because the direct contact was prevented by clothing and there was absence of any exchange of semen.

Also I assume if she washed herself after the act, if yes then the chances are nil. If she didn’t, still she need not worry.

I would advise you to take adequate precautions like using barrier contraceptive (condom) during any sexual intercourse in the future. It has advantage of protecting against sexually transmitted infections as well. I don’t think you need to worry at present.

Hope this answers your queries. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.