Consumed advil tablets with alcohol beer and vodka. Punched a person. Is the change in behaviour due to alcohol?

Question
my 19 yo son consumed x2 advil caps with alcohol beer and vodka and orange over a period of 1.5 hours .According to him the amount of alcohol was not excessive enough to have rendered him so intoxicated.He has very little memory of being abusive and punched a person once on the side of his face. This behaviour is out of character for him. I would like to know if this combination of alcohol and NSAID may have contributed to this change in behaviour and how is this possible.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your son experienced. It would clear up pretty soon if not yet. It is not related to the advil and alcohol combination he took.

From the above information, mixing different brands of alcoholic liquor is never advisable at the same time. it is more important t take one and stick to it. Mixing if often related with intoxication for some reasons that would have otherwise been the case with a single brand. This is probably what transpired for hi to have risen to levels of intoxication with quantities that he think are generally acceptable for him.

In all, it is not related to advil. He should avoid mixing several different liquors at the same time. Also, he should keep is alcohol consumption at a minimum because of the consequences of alcoholism.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you for using our services and feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you and your son well.
dr, Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Consumed advil tablets with alcohol beer and vodka. Punched a person. Is the change in behaviour due to alcohol? 7 minutes later
Doctor Ditah, Thankyou for clarifying that my question.

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thank you so much.....

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank yo so much for following up.

I feel humbled that I have been able to address your query today. Thank you so much for having used our services and hope you wouldn't hesitate recommending too others who need similar services in future.

At this time, if you have no more related questions, may i suggest that you consider closing the discussion. please help us with a short review so that we can ameliorate on the quality of our services in order to better serve you next time.

Once more, thank you so much.
I wish you both the best of health.
Dr. Ditah, MD