Constant eye twitching, occasional lip swelling. Allergic reaction or something else?

male, age: 58
right eye twich constantly and once in a while my top lip swells as if allergic reaction or something
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will provide you with some information and recommendations.

The most common cause of twitching of the Eye is stress. If you're experiencing a significant amount of stress or anxiety or if you're not sleeping well this will definitely cause these type of symptoms to occur. As the stress and anxiety comes under control and as he was sleeping better these symptoms will slowly fade away.

As far as the swelling of your lip this might reflect some type of allergy to a food or possibly to something you are exposed to any environment I would suggest that you carefully review all of the food love you recently to see if there is something that might be exacerbating this symptom. Also it might be a good idea for you to review anything you have been exposed to any environment recently as well. You might try taking some Claritin once daily to see if this improves your symptoms.

Thanks again for sending your question. It is been a pleasure to participate in your health concern. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Dr Galamaga .