Constant 'butterfly' feeling in abdomen after getting copper coil fitted. Could it be an infection or side-effect?

I had a copper coil fitted ten days ago. I suffered some pain after, for a few days, that was manageable. Now, I have no pain, no spotting, and no horrible discharge, but a have a more or less constant 'butterfly' like feeling in my abdomen. Is this likely to be a slight infection, or could it just be it settling in?
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Majority of the females have no side effects after copper coil fitting.
In few cases females experience heavy and painful periods or infection etc but that happens with few individuals only.
The BUTTERFLY feeling is just a temporary one and doesn't look like any infection.
Just wait and watch.
Your symptoms shall go away soon.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.