Constant back pain and difficulty in wakingup. What are the causes?

Spine Surgeon
I have a constant back pain from last more than 15 days. If I bend sideways I experience a great pain. Even I find it very difficult to get up in the morning from the bed. Can I know what are the causes and why am I suffering from this illness for so long?
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 14 hours later
Thank you for sharing your problem
Your pain is most likely due to muscle strain.
But one can not be sure without investigating further.
Have you tried ointments, heat application or any pain medicines?
If not try them and usually it would come down.
If you have tried all this and still not getting better, we need to do xray and blood tests.
Please get back to me
Follow-up: Constant back pain and difficulty in wakingup. What are the causes? 17 minutes later
Hi Doctor,
I haven't tried pain killers or anything. I used to have back pain in the past but usually it won't last long. I have been experiencing this pain from the last 2-3 weeks with more predominant in side areas of back and middle region. I also had a mild kind of weakness in my lower limbs twice during the past week. Is the back pain and weakness in lower limbs related?

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 33 minutes later
thank you for getting back
Weakness in legs associated with back pain has to be seen seriously as both are connected.
I suggest you get yourself examined by an orthopaedic surgeon to evaluate further to rule out any disc related problem AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
Thank you