Constant aching in the lower right quadrant of stomach under rib cage. What could be the cause?

Dull,constant aching in the lower right quadrant of the stomach area undernaeth the rib cage
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the following suggestions...

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms you are experiencing might be related to :

- excessive spasms of the colon caused by anxiety; for which you can use an anxiolytic drug. But first, I recommend to consult a gastrohepatologist to exclude other problems

- pathologies of the gall-bladder (slums) which are caused by alcohol consumption.

If I were your caring doctor would advise:

- abdominal ultrasound to evaluate the liver, gallbladder and pancreas (the mostly affected by alcohol)

- complete blood profile

- check liver transaminases and the function of pancreas

With regards to treatment, for the time being, I usually prescribe buscopan thrice daily, omeprasole twice daily and the tests.

Hope it answered to your inquiry!

p.s. if you have other concerns, do not hesitate to contact me.